Arches de la Planche Clément et du Ru Cordé

 

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

These arches spanned the "Planche Clement" canal, which ran along the current street of the Planche Clement. One can find there three arches surmounted by two turrets and a high wall, and flanked on the left by a large tower known as Tour Hercules. The arches were known as Sainte Catherine's Bridge, and were still standing in 1944, until they were destroyed by the retreating German army. A little further towards the Tannery Gate, one can find the arches of the Corde canal, and Saint Dominique's Tower, which was destroyed at the beginning of the XIXth century during the creation of the large basin in front of the Préfecture.