The hotel l'Arquebuse belonged to the Harquebus company in Troyes, formerly located near Croncels gate. This local militia was commanded by important figures of the city; its captain was the mayor of Troyes. This militia was founded in Troyes in 1501 under the reign of King Louis XII, and disappeared during the revolution in July 1791.
|The windows of the great meeting room on the
first floor were decorated by stained glass windows signed by Linard Gonthier, and can be
seen today in the local library of Troyes. Photos below come from the library and are
shown here thanks to its curator, Mr Thierry Delcourt. Photograph: Pascal Jacquinot.