Porte du Beffroi

  Click to enlarge

 

Click to enlarge

The Beffroy Gate, built from 1501 to 1507 by the local architect Jean Guayde, replaced an older gate, called Sainte Savine's Gate. It was destroyed in 1822, but its foundations were preserved and buried during the filling of the ditches in 1857.

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

The Gate of Paris (or beffroi), its galery, the old Gate of Auxerre and the Rampart of Saint Nicolas. Today, the boulevard Victor Hugo.

The Boileau Tower