|This 16th century Hotel belonged to
an important family of Troyes, the Largentier, and was built in 1535, replacing the Hôtel
de Clairvaux, used by the famous abbey. King Louis 13th stayed there when he came to
Troyes in 1629. The Hôtel's new owners, the Loynes de La Potinière family, welcomed the
Austrian Emperor François II in 1814; he organised a conference to which he invited Tsar
Alexander Ist and King of Prussia Frederik-Wilhelm III. Its monumental fireplace can be
seen at Saint Loup's museum.
The recent restoration of this major building allows passers-by to admire the richness of its sculpted window frames and its balustrade in a pure early Renaissance style.