mansion, property of the De Pleurs family until 1630, housed an administration created
under King Louis 13th; the 'Election'. It was a sort of commission, composed of high
citizens of Troyes, in charge of the justice and financial affairs of the city and its
surroundings. The Election of Troyes covered 267 villages. It was moved into the Counts'
Palace at the end of the 18th century, and was soon replaced by Napoléon's Prefectures.
|The Hotel as we see it now has lost one level of its imposing gable, as well as the spire that covered its square tower, in a fire that took place in July 1903. The base of its tower can be seen from the interior courtyard, and the spire can be seen at the museum Vauluisant.|