|Hôtel de Ville
|It was in 1594 that the city of Troyes acquired
the Mesgrigny Hotel, a large building from the 15th century, to build in its place
"the common house". Its construction was spread out over several decades;
started in 1624, from drawings by the Parisian architect Louis Noble, it was interrupted
to start again in 1655, under the direction of the architect Cottard.
|The revolution marked the building by replacing the sculpture of Louis 14th by a Minerve and the very "citoyenne" plate on which we can read: "Indivisible unity of the Republic, Liberty, Equality, Fraternity or Death"...|