|Hôtel du Moïse
|This hotel was built in 1553, to
replace the "hotel of the Goat", destroyed by the great fire of 1524. Several
great families of Troyes owned it, amongst which were the Nevelet, Pithou, Molé,
Thomassin... According to local historian Charles Fichot, it is Antoine Pithou who placed
a statue of Moïse in its cornice in 1605. It became the general post ofice in 1846, and
then belonged to a local newspaper in 1954, and eventually to the town of Troyes in 1979.