|Church Saint Denis|
|Located between rue de la Crosse and rue Saint Denis, this small church was, during the 12th century, part of the Saint Denis district, which was still independent from the city of Troyes in 1146. It later became the butchers' church, whose shops and houses composed most of this area. It was a Romanesque church; its style survived centuries thanks to some capitals (tops of architectural columns) saved from destruction, which took place shortly after the Revolution, in 1792.|
tirés de l'abside de la petite église Saint Denis"
in "Voyage Pittoresque..." d'A.-F. Arnaud, 1835
(c) BMVR de Troyes, Phot. Pascal Jacquinot