|From rue de la Cité, taking the narrow passage
of rue Saint Frobert, one arrives in front of the old church of Saint Frobert, whose vault
was destroyed by a fire in 1830, and which was then transformed without any consideration
for its first vocation, into private flats. For some historians, the current building
(probably from the 16th century) replaced a synagogue; indeed, in the 11th and 12th
centuries, this district was called "Juiverie". It is in this district that
Rachi, a famous Jewish religious and philosophical figure, lived from 1030 to 1105.