|In 582, the Bishop Gallomagne brought back the
relics of Saint Nizier from Lyon. These were deposited in the small St Maur's Church,
which occupied the site of the current church. Saint Nizier was built in the 16th century,
and is a mixture of Gothic and Renaissance styles, and even a few later additions.
Its square tower has been without bells since the revolution, but in 1832, "Jacquette", the 16th century bell used on Porte Saint Jacques, was reinstalled into the Tower. One can see the painted tiled roof with the pattern known as "Count Henri", which is reminiscent of Burgundian roofs.