Porte de La Tannerie

 

Click to enlarge
Porte de la Tannerie

Click to enlarge
Ramparts along boulevard du 14 juillet

Originally a large tower, opened by a gate and a bridge, ended the rue de la Tannerie, now rue Raymond Poincaré. Building work during the 16th century modified it entirely, and a platform was built to link it to the Croncels Gate. At the beginning of the 18th century, the gate was collapsing, and a new one was erected (1723); it stood for a century, and was destroyed in 1830, a few years before the creation of the boulevard du 14 juillet.