Hôtel Juvenal des Ursins

 

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge   Click to enlarge

Built after the big fire of 1524 on the site of an older hotel, this hotel belonged to an important family of Troyes, the Jouvenel. Wealthy clothiers at first, the members of the Jouvenel family became very quickly part of the history of the city and of the Kingdom. The family received its title in 1407, and the name of Jouvenel became then "Juvenal des Ursins". In 1456, it was Jean Juvenal des Ursins who ran, as Archbishop of Reims, the rehabilitation trial of Joan of Arc. A little later, Michel Juvenal des Ursins sat at the city's council from 1455 to 1461.