|The Hôtel de Vauluisant was originally a dependence of the abbey of Vauluisant, near Sens. It was initially erected in the 12th century and rebuilt after the fire of 1524. At the end of the 15th century, it was sold by the abbey and from then on had many owners from amongst the main families of Troyes; the Hennequin, the Molé, the Mesgrigny...|
|It became a historical museum of Troyes and Champagne in 1950, and shelters a tiny room on the history of the city, where one can see some engravings and models of the old gates of the city. One can also visit its splendid cellar, reached by a small stone staircase and which presents superb examples of medieval tiling. Its frontage desperately needs restoration work, which could start by the removal of some modern additions, such as plastic shutters on the outside of those beautiful Renaissance windows !|
The Rennaissance fire place in the "grande salle"